Experienced Honolulu Attorneys Offering Online Resources for Accident Victims
Shim & Chang provides the following selection of online legal and consumer resources for accident and injury victims in Hawaii. These websites contain valuable information to help you before, immediately after, and in the years following an accident.
If you or a loved one has been involved in an accident, the experienced personal injury attorneys at Shim & Chang can help you obtain fair and reasonable compensation for your injuries. Please contact our offices for a free consultation to talk about your options for recovery.
- Hawaii Department of Health – The Department of Health website contains information on numerous health topics that may relate to a personal injury, such as disability services, elder care, and emergency preparedness.
- National Safety Council – The National Safety Council (NSC) website provides information on many safety, health, and environmental topics, including safety on the road, distracted driving, and safety at work.
- National Highway Traffic Safety Administration – The National Highway Traffic and Safety Administration (NHTSA) website allows you to do searches on agency investigations, vehicle recalls, and consumer complaints, and also contains information regarding automotive standards and crash test results.
- Pedestrian and Bicycle Information Center – The Pedestrian and Bicycle Information Center (PBIC) works “to improve the quality of life in communities through the increase of safe walking and bicycling as a viable means of transportation and physical activity.”
- National Center on Elder Abuse – The National Center on Elder Abuse (NCEA) website provides a wealth of information for families with elder relatives in nursing homes, including abuse prevention and reporting guidelines.
- National Patient Safety Foundation – The goal of the National Patient Safety Foundation (NPSF) is to prevent healthcare errors and eliminate or mitigate patient injury caused by healthcare errors, such as wrong-site surgery and medication errors.
- Brain Injury Association of Hawaii – The Brain Injury Association of Hawaii (BIA-HI) provides information and resources for people with brain injuries in Hawaii and the Pacific Basin, including support groups and community education and prevention programs.
- National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke: Traumatic Brain Injury Information Page – NINDS’ traumatic brain injury (TBI) page defines TBI and provides information on treatment and prognosis.
- The National Spinal Cord Injury Association – The National Spinal Cord Injury Association (NSCIA) provides resources related to financial assistance, federal and state benefits, employment, and health and wellness after sustaining an SCI.